It’s time to share your feedback! To improve our product and services, we send out a survey to a group of publishers every six months.
Your feedback and comments are important to us, and we really do read and consider everything you write. Thanks to previous suggestions, we’ve launched a number of new features to improve our services and help you grow your earnings. These include a new Optimization tab that provides tips on increasing your revenue, an improved AdSense interface for easier user navigation, and more transparency on our policies.
You may have received a survey by email over the last few weeks, if so please take the time to respond to it as we value your input.
To make sure that you’re eligible to receive the next survey email, please:
Whether you’ve completed this survey before or you’re providing feedback for the first time, we’d like to thank you for sharing your valuable thoughts. We’re looking forward to feedback!
Posted by Susie Reinecke – AdSense Publisher Happiness Team
As a general guideline to building a strong policy compliant foundation, ensure that the pages within your site offer a unique value for users and comply with AdSense policies. Let’s get started.
- You’ve noticed suspicious account activity (for example: there are new users that you haven’t granted access to; the payment details have changed without your permission; your security settings have been updated; and your email notification settings have changed).
- You cannot login to your AdSense account.
- Run a malware scan on your devices
- Visit our Login Troubleshooter. If you’re locked out of your account, the troubleshooter will help you recover your Google Account. Once you’ve recovered your Google Account:
- Change your password to something unique and unused. Here’s tips on how to create strong password.
- Visit myaccount.google.com to review your security settings
- Enable 2-Step-Verification.
- The specialist will start an investigation and communicate next steps (including the investigation report and reimbursement options).
- For a speedy resolution, be sure to include the following with the form as accurately as possible:
- Proof of your identity and address using acceptable documents.
- Proof of a recent AdSense payment, such as a copy of a check, Western Union receipt or bank statement clearly showing a recent AdSense EFT deposit.
- The URL of a test page of your website. This is to prove that you own and manage the domain listed in your account.
Opt in through the AdSense interface to try it for yourself, and let us know what you think in the feedback tool. Posted by: Andrew Gildfind, Daniel White & Louis Collard
From the AdSense Product Team
Opt in through the AdSense interface to try it for yourself, and let us know what you think in the feedback tool.
Posted by: Andrew Gildfind, Daniel White & Louis Collard
Last month we released a new study, “The need for mobile speed”, highlighting the impact of mobile latency on publisher revenue. Simply having your site load on a mobile device is no longer enough: Mobile sites have to be fast and relevant. The study analyzed 10,000+ mobile web domains, and from the results we gained several insights about the impact of mobile latency on user experience.
- Bounce rate
- Session duration
It’s clear mobile speed matters to the success of publisher sites, but making mobile load times a priority doesn’t always make achieving speed easy. To help you build a faster mobile web experience, we’ve created a mobile web speed toolkit. It outlines a 4-step process to diagnose and fix mobile speed issues:
- Measure your site’s performance.
- Assess the different components impacting speed.
- Prioritize the order your site loads.
- Test, remeasure and repeat to improve your site speed.